As I find myself smack dab in the middle of one of life’s most fierce storms and accompanying heartbreak, I am finding strength and courage in my faith in God and the many promises he has made to us as believers.
When the comfort and security of our everyday life is threatened, it’s easy to react on emotions instead of what we know to be the truth.
A few possible scenarios could be:
- loss of a job
- loss of a loved one
- a friendship is shattered or
- coming face to face with the reality of betrayal and infidelity that leads to a broken marriage
With any of these scenarios we can respond with fear, self-doubt and insecurity and as a result, trigger every false belief we have about ourselves and others
Step outside of ourselves and step into the arms of God and the promises He has made to those who love and pursue a relationship with Him.
Click the link at the top of this page to hear how my faith in God is getting me through one of the most difficult and painful challenges in life.
Below are a few of my favorite scriptures that I rely on to strengthen my faith and trust in God when life unexpectedly takes a turn in an undesirable direction. I hope you can find comfort in them too!
Sending peace, love & happiness to all!
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
- And we know that in ALL things, God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to His purpose Romans 8:28
- The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble – Psalm 9:9
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
- When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them. Proverbs 16:7
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. Psalm 138:7
- But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. James 1 6-8
- He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard see, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’, and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20
- So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:1-4
- He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 45:4-5
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14-27
- “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.” Psalm 91:14