Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- How to get rid of bags under the eyes and crows feet - February 5, 2018
- How to apply foundation for a healthy, more youthful complexion - January 18, 2018
- How to discover the huge gift of falling head over heels in love with Jesus - January 11, 2018
Fall has finally arrived! With the arrival of the new season comes the opportunity to try new makeup trends. All focus is on the eyes when it comes to fall 2015 makeup trends. One of my favorite trend makeup looks from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week FW 2015 is the gorgeous brown and gold smokey metallic eye created for Reem Acra by makeup artist, Mark Carrasquillo. This is a great look for those of us that have deep set eyes as the bright pop of gold on the lid helps to highlight the eye and bring it forward.
This fall trend look is really easy to recreate using Ombre Blackstar “Color-Fix” Cream Eyeshadows in shades #11 Beyond Gold and #13 Brown Perfection. Although I always use an eyeshadow primer, it is not really necessary with these gorgeous eye shadow sticks as they are very blendable during application but dry down to a waterproof finish. The formula contains hyaluronic acid , anti-aging proteins, antioxidants and Tahitian black pearl extract which promotes a smooth application that evens out texture. (no crepey eyelid look!!)
- Step 1: Apply Ombre Blackstar “Color-Fix” Cream Eyeshadows in shade #11 Beyond Gold to entire lid of the eye. Be sure to smooth and blend lines of demarcation as you go by gently tapping/stippling with the pad of your ring finger or a soft, synthetic shadow brush.
- Step 2: Apply Ombre Blackstar “Color-Fix” Cream Eyeshadow in shade #13 Brown Perfection to crease and diffuse in same manner as above, gently blending upward and outward toward the outer corner of the eye. If your eyes are deepset like mine, don’t apply shade #13 Brown Perfection to the crease but instead, apply to the orbital bone, just above the crease. Be sure to blend as stated above. (view my youtube video for details)
- Step 3: Apply Ombre Blackstar “Color-Fix” Cream Eyeshadow in shade #11 Beyond Gold to lower lash line and inner corner of the eye. Use a detail brush to softly diffuse color into lashline.
- Step 4: Although this trend look was void of liner and mascara on the runways of the Reem Acra show, I personally finish the look with a soft brown liner and mascara. Feel free to improvise to match your individual style.
Stay tuned for another blog entry that will post tomorrow morning featuring my favorite products from By Terry that can be used to create more fall trend makeup looks!
Sending peace, love and happiness to all!