Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- How to know if he is your perfect Valentine - February 12, 2018
- How to get rid of bags under the eyes and crows feet - February 5, 2018
- How to apply foundation for a healthy, more youthful complexion - January 18, 2018
Bronzer is a color cosmetic product that I rely on year round to add warmth to the face and create the illusion of healthy, sun-kissed skin. Interestingly, the majority of women that I see in my studio do not wear bronzer. Typically, it is because they do not understand how to use it in their makeup routine. Too often we see bronzer being overused and applied to the entire face which results in a muddy looking complexion and mask-like appearance. This post will break down the do’s and don’ts of bronzer application so that you too can create the illusion of summer sun-kissed skin.
Bronzer application tips
- Don’t use bronzer with glitter flecks or sparkles. Instead, select a matte shade or a semi-matte shade that creates a sheen on the skin (not obvious chunks of glitter). Click here to see my favorite picks
- Don’t use just any shade of bronzer. Consider your skin tone and select a shade of bronzer with the same undertones as your skin. The shade you choose should be no more than one or two shades darker that the depth of your skin.
- Select a bronzer formula that works best for you. Pressed powder bronzers are the easiest to apply as they deposit less product on your makeup brush than a loose powder or liquid bronzer formula.
- Don’t apply bronzer to your entire face. Bronzer should only be applied to areas where the sun naturally hits your face. An easy way to remember where to apply bronzer is to imagine that you are drawing the number “3” on the side of your face. Begin the application at the top of your face and follow the natural structure of your face shape: Forehead/hairline, cheeks and jawline with a subtle swipe of color down the center of the nose. Make sure you even out the color under your chin and neck as the sun rarely hits this area.
Sending peace, love & happiness to all!