If you’re feeling crafty today I have a fabulous heart shaped bath bomb DIY to share with you. Valentine’s Day is all about romance and what could be more romantic that sharing a luxurious bath with your hubby? Add in your favorite tunes, sensual candles and a glass of wine and you might just find yourself enjoying your favorite Valentine’s Day to date!!
DIY Heart Shaped Bath Bombs
Items you will need:
- 1 cup Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda)
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 1/4 cup Extra Fine Epsom Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon carrier oil (I used avocado and rosehip seed oil)
- 1 tablespoon Cosmetic Clay (I used Rhassoul Clay)
- 6 mL Grapefruit Essential Oil (120 drops)
- silicone heart molds
- large bowl
- extra oil on hand if needed
- Combine baking soda, citric acid and Epsom salt in large bowl and mix well. Sift ingredients if lumps form to ensure a smooth, lump free mixture
- Add carrier oil and essential oil, taking care to work liquid and dry ingredients together thoroughly. Feel free to select a combination of essential oils based on your personal preference. I love patchouli however it can be a bit overwhelming on its own so I opted to blend 40 drops each of Grapefruit, Black Pepper and Patchouli together to create a warm and spicy scent that is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Add cosmetic clay of choice to contents of bowl and mix well.
- If desired, you can add food coloring to achieve desired shade of mix. (add and mix incrementally until desired shade is achieved)
- Mixture needs to be moist enough that it sticks together without crumbling when squeezed in the palm of your hand. If mixture is still crumbly continue to add small amounts of carrier oil, mixing until the ingredients are moist enough to stick together.
- Press into heart mold, packing ingredients as tight as you can to ensure bath bombs stick together.
- Allow to dry completely, I waited 24 hours before gently popping bath bombs out of my silicone mold and storing them in small bags tied with ribbon.
Sending peace, love and happiness to all!
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- Will fear or faith be your anchor in the storm? - October 15, 2018
- Are you sick and tired of fear trying to steal your story? - October 10, 2018
- Don’t be afraid; just have faith in the goodness of God - October 8, 2018