Hyaluronic acid is on my top five list of ingredients that a woman should have in her anti-aging skin care arsenal. The first two ingredients that we discussed in my “Top 5” skin care series, retinol and glycolic acid are used to exfoliate the skin and initiate cell turnover. Ingredient number 3, hyaluronic acid has become a popular ingredient in anti-aging skin care products due to its ability to bind moisture to the skin. Before we can comprehend the value of hyaluronic acid as it relates to the skin, we must first understand the structure of the skin.
The skin is comprised of two layers, the epidermis, the outermost and thinnest layer of skin and the dermis, the inner layer of skin. While the epidermis creates the visual appearance of the skin, the dermis layer provides nourishment to the epidermis through vital blood vessels and capillaries. The dermis layer also houses collagen and elastin, proteins that give the skin its form, strength and elasticity.
Hyaluronic acid is a beneficial ingredient in skin care products because it can hold 500 to 1000 times its weight it water. By increasing the amount of moisture retained in the dermal layer of the skin, hyaluronic acid is able to strengthen the outer layer and promote healthy younger looking skin. Additionally, hyaluronic acid provides protection against free-radical damage that can cause inflammation in the skin.
Ren Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot
One of my favorite products that I use multiple times per day is Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot by Ren. Instant Firming Beauty Shot is a gel-like serum that contains two types of natural hyaluronic acid, hyaluronan derived from yeast biofermentation.
- Hyaluronan 1 supercharges the skin with firming moisture giving an immediate lift to the skin. In essence, it encourages skin cells to tighten so you may notice a tightening effect as the gel dries down on the skin. You may also notice that the skin feels smoother and fine lines appear less visible.
- Hyaluronan 2 encourages a chain reaction deep within the skin, boosting natural elastin production to firm and remodel the appearance of skin over time. This is working from the inside of the skin cell so it takes time to see the results on the exterior of the skin. (typically 6 weeks of daily use if implemented into a targeted daily skin care regimine for your skin type)
Instant Firming Beauty Shot also contains phycocolloids from porphyridium cruentum, polysaccharides that are extracted from both freshwater and marine algae known for being able to provide instant lift and firmness to the skin.
Package directions advise application of two or three drops to clean face, followed by moisturizer. I am in love with this serum and use it several different times throughout the day. In the morning and evening I apply directly to cleansed skin, then again under the eyes just before applying my eye cream. After a long day of work I also find it helpful to lightly dab a drop under the eyes, on top of my makeup to instantly revitalize the under eye area. (This is especially useful when skin is dehydrated from two many glasses of wine the night before!!)
Instant Firming Beauty Shot can also be cocktailed with your favorite moisturizers, eye creams, foundations and other cream or liquid skin care products. Adding a drop to my cc cream on very humid mornings seems to help prevent mid day shine and prolong a semi-matte or satin finish to my makeup application. As I am sure you can tell, I am a HUGE fan of this product. The price point is great at $54 for 1 oz which lasted me almost 6 months. I am halfway through my second bottle since January and will definitely keep this product in my regular rotation of skin care products that I rely on to help me maintain beautiful and healthy looking skin.
I hope you enjoy my video review below. If so, please subscribe to my channel and feel free to share with your friends!! You can read my full article on hyaluronic acid on examiner.com or by clicking this link: Atlanta Beauty and Health Examiner
Sending peace, love and happiness to all!
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- How to apply foundation for a healthy, more youthful complexion - January 18, 2018
- How to discover the huge gift of falling head over heels in love with Jesus - January 11, 2018
- Learn how to look years younger with anti-aging treatments - January 8, 2018