What is strobing makeup? Strobing makeup trend a/k/a highlighting is a makeup technique that utilizes cosmetic products to create the illusion of dewy skin. Very little color cosmetics are used to create this on trend beauty look that focuses on healthy, radiant skin.
On the Spring runways for Donna Karen, makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury used face cream instead of traditional highlighting products to simulate the look of slick, shiny skin. Other designers created the look of beautiful, luminous skin with non-traditional “highlighting” products including lip balm and Aquaphor.
As with any natural beauty look, strobing makeup trend begins with clean skin that has been generously moisturized. When creating this look, I layer several different cosmetic products to promote radiance to the skin while maintaining the look of minimal makeup. Below are my favorite cosmetic products that I use to highlight my facial features and make my skin look healthy and radiant, a/k/a strobing makeup trend.
- Prime the skin with a serum based primer such as Hourglass Cosmetics No. 28 primer
- Follow primer application with a lightweight foundation such as Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation or Laura Mercier’s Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer
- Apply a cream highlighter like It Cosmetics Hello Light Creme Illuminizer to areas of the face that naturally catch the light (i.e. high points of the cheeks, down the center of the nose and forehead)
- To increase radiance, use a fan brush to apply a finely-milled illuminating powder such as Swirling Pearl Brilliant by Mirabella to these same areas of the face.
Thanks for reading my blog, please feel free to share with your friends!!
Peace, love and happiness to all!
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- How to apply foundation for a healthy, more youthful complexion - January 18, 2018
- How to discover the huge gift of falling head over heels in love with Jesus - January 11, 2018
- Learn how to look years younger with anti-aging treatments - January 8, 2018