Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- How to know if he is your perfect Valentine - February 12, 2018
- How to get rid of bags under the eyes and crows feet - February 5, 2018
- How to apply foundation for a healthy, more youthful complexion - January 18, 2018
Tomorrow is New Year’s Eve, a day that calls for makeup looks that are a bit more adventurous than other days of the year. You don’t have to be a professional makeup artist to create a fashionable yet tasteful glamorous look for tonight’s New Year’s Eve festivities. In today’s post I will share two simple tricks to create a New Year’s Eve makeup look that will look gorgeous on women of every age and ethnicity.
New Year’s Eve makeup in two simple steps:
- Utilizing glitter and/or rhinestones to create your New Year’s Eve party makeup is a fun way to step outside of your daily makeup routine. When I think about using glitter as part of a beauty look, I tend to think of it as a highlighting technique. In other words, it should be used to enhance a certain feature and not be the main attraction. For example the most tasteful way to use glitter as an accent on your eyes would be to apply it to one of the four main areas of the eye:
- inner corner
- outer corner
- center of the lid or
In this photo I took my every day eye makeup and added a pop of gold to the inner corners to brighten the eye and make it a bit more festive for New Year’s Eve.
- Metallic eye shadow was spotted all over the runways of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. Designers including Reem Acra, Mara Hoffman and Marchesa showcased gilded lids in shades of metallic gold, silver, copper and bronze. My favorite beauty trend this year encompasses two on-trend looks, the retro vibe of the 70’s as well as gilded lids in metallic gold. You can learn how to create this look demonstrated in my blog post entitled Fall Makeup Trends
- Red lip color is a classic makeup trend and perfect for all your holiday festivities. If this is a trend look that you wear on a regular basis you can make it look a bit more festive for your New Year’s Eve celebrations by adding a touch of gold pigment to the center of the bottom lip as shown below. (You can see how I create a long lasting red lip in my blog post entitled, How to wear red lip color
I hope you have a tremendously happy and safe New Year’s Eve!