“Pride is a slippery sin” ~Leslie Vernick
How can we resist pride in our lives? By intentionally turning away from selfishness and leaning closer to God.
There are two paths to choose from in life:
- A path that seeks to experience joy and happiness by loving and serving others, or
- A path that pursues instant gratification and fulfillment of selfish desires with little concern to how those desires affect the people around us
Despite what is considered to be true by prideful or self-righteous people, the right, best and most blessed path is one pursued with honesty and compassion. We have been given divine instructions to “In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others.” Which path will you choose?
“My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your God-given destiny…because
you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment…because you
“deserve better than this.”
I cheat you of knowledge…because you already
know it all.
I cheat you of healing…because you’re
too full of me to forgive.
I cheat you of holiness…because you refuse to
admit when you’re wrong.
I cheat you of vision…because you’d rather look
in the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of a genuine friendship…because
nobody’s going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love…because real romance
I cheat you of greatness in heaven…because you
refuse to wash another’s feet on earth.
I cheat you of God’s glory…because I convince
you to seek your own.
My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you.
Untrue. I’m looking to make a fool of you.
God has so much for you, I admit, but don’t worry…
If you stick with me
You’ll never know.”
Sending peace, love & happiness to all!
- The Effect of Pride on Marriage
- The Opposite of Love is….
- The Gracious Wife versus The Angry Wife
- Are You Striving To Encourage Your Husband?
- Choose to be a Striving Wife
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- Thrilled to be on the Fallen Sparrow mission team this fall! - February 23, 2017
- Don’t be afraid to share your testimony - February 13, 2017
- How to be a person that brings light into the lives of others - January 29, 2017