Welcome to week 2 of A Confident Heart online Bible Study!
We are entering week two of our online Bible study, A Confident Heart and I am interested to hear your thoughts on the first chapter. Did God speak to you in a personal way this week as a result of what you read and learned about our struggle with self-doubt? Did you select a verse to commit to memory or do a verse mapping?
If you haven’t joined our OBS Facebook page, please go ahead and join. I would love for us to engage in conversation and share our journey through this study.
To join the facebook group click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ConfidentHeartOBS/
The majority of you do not live in the MetroAtlanta area which makes it difficult for us to meet in person. How many of you would be interested in having a weekly conference call where I can screen share with the group? For those of you that do live in the metroAtlanta area, please share your thoughts on meeting together as a group every other Wednesday? If you don’t mind, please respond back to me either on the facebook group page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week we will read chapter 2, Because God’s Love is Perfect, I Don’t Have to Be and answer the Reflection and Discussion questions at the end of the chapter. The scriptures highlighted in this chapter are:
- Ephesians 1:17 (NIV) I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
- Hebrews 1:3 (NIV) The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
- 1 John 4:16–18 (NIV) 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4–5 (NIV) 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- John 15:9 (NIV) 9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
- Philippians 1:6 (NIV) 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- Week 2 Because God’s Love is Perfect, I Don’t Have to Be - March 12, 2018
- Learn how to gain greater confidence and joy in life through A Confident Heart Bible Study - March 5, 2018
- How to get rid of self-doubt and live in the promises of God - February 19, 2018