As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog post, Tasty is a Facebook cooking channel featuring 60 second or less fast-motion videos. Yesterday I shared Tasty’s recipe for Valentine Chocolate boxes and today’s post will feature their recipe for my all-time favorite dessert, Crème brûlée. Either of these recipes would be nice additions to your Valentine’s Day celebrations with your sweetie!
Crème brûlée recipe courtesy of Tasty
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup in mixture and 1/2 cup for crust.
1. Heat heavy cream and vanilla extract in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar until well mixed. Pour in the hot cream gradually, mixing continually.
3. Place 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins into a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the pan to come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins and bake at 325˚F / 165˚C for 45 – 50 minutes. The crème brûlée should be set, but still a little jiggly in the middle. Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan, allow to cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
5. Remove the crème brûlée from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before browning the sugar on top. Spread a tablespoon of sugar on top of each crème brûlée. Using a torch, melt the sugar to for a crispy top. If you don’t have a torch, you can broil the crème brûlée to melt the sugar. Keep an eye on it, to make sure you don’t over cook it. Allow the crème brûlée to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Sending peace, love and happiness to all!
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- How to apply foundation for a healthy, more youthful complexion - January 18, 2018
- How to discover the huge gift of falling head over heels in love with Jesus - January 11, 2018
- Learn how to look years younger with anti-aging treatments - January 8, 2018