In general, I live a clean, healthy life: I cook “clean”, healthy meals and rarely drink anything but water outside of my morning cup o’ joe and the occasional glass of wine. As a certified specialist in fitness nutrition, I also recognize the importance of exercise and play tennis as often as I can and practice yoga at least 3 times per week. This being said, I am not always in control of the toxins that my body is exposed to through the air that I breathe, the chemicals and/or pesticides that are used on the food that I eat, especially when dining out. My antidote for this uncontrollable exposure to unknown toxins is to do an herbal cleanse at least once per year, preferably every six months.
Why should I do a total body cleanse?
If left unaddressed, chemicals and pollutants will begin to accumulate in the body causing it to become bogged down or clogged. As a result, healthy cells in the body become weak and no longer capable of flushing toxic substances from the body. As this occurs, inflammation is triggered in the body causing a multitude of symptoms including: fatigue, headaches, general aches and pains, joint pain, increased allergy symptoms, bloating, gas and other digestive discomforts. *Research has also indicated that toxin accumulation slows down energy production in the body and puts additional strain on the gastrointestinal system by increasing the number of tissue-damaging free radicals. When this occurs, the body can also have difficulty producing digestive enzymes which aid in breaking down food.
I have tried many different types of cleanse/detox programs with my favorite being those from a company called Renew Life™. In the past I have done Cleanse Smart, a 30-day total body cleanse program from Renew Life™ and been pleased with results. At the beginning of May however, I decided to try a faster cleanse and purchased a 7-day total body cleanse from the brand. Given that it was only a 7-day process, I assumed the cleanse would not be as effective as the 30-day programs. In fact, on the 4th day I began to question if the cleanse was actually working. Since I only had 3 more days to go, I stayed on track and continued taking the cleanse and following the food and alcohol restrictions as recommended. It has now been 2.5 months since I finished the cleanse and the results have far exceeded my expectations!
Renew Life™ 7-day total body cleanse improved skin health
Renew Life™ 7-day total body cleanse not only increased my energy level, it brightened my skin, and cleared up chronic milia on my forehead. Given that face mapping indicates this area is tied to the digestive system, it makes total sense that the total body cleanse was able to resolve an issue that skin care products could not.
*Renew Life™ 7-day total body cleanse improved production of digestive enzyme
I have also had an ongoing struggle with digestive discomfort which at first I attributed to a gluten intolerance. After eliminating gluten from my diet with no relief I scoured my Fitness Nutrition textbook to see if I could narrow down the root cause. I discovered that my body was not producing enough Amylase, a digestive enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates. To resolve this issue, I have been taking Digestive Enzymes before every meal for the last two years. As long as I took the enzymes, I was fine but if I forgot, the symptoms would reoccur. I am thrilled to report that Renew Life™ 7-day total body cleanse has completely resolved this issue and I haven’t taken a Digestive Enzyme since May 2nd!
I am very impressed with the results I personally experienced from Renew Life™ 7-day total body cleanse and would recommend it to anyone looking to do an herbal cleanse. (Note: always speak to your personal physician before beginning a cleanse of any type) See below for brand product details.
Sending peace, love & happiness to all!
Renew Life™ 7-day total body cleanse product overview:
For those who experience occasional constipation, or want a fast, one-week herbal cleansing program, Rapid Cleanse may be your ideal cleanse.* It’s an advanced, 7-day, 3-part cleansing program that helps eliminate waste and toxins and promotes regularity.* Part 1 supports detoxification; Part 2 helps with the removal of digestive toxins with 4 grams of easy-mixing acacia fiber; and Part 3 promotes healthy bowel elimination.* Rapid Cleanse is a gluten free program, and is guaranteed for quality, purity, and potency through expiration.
Renew Life™ Helpful tips to remember while doing a total body cleanse
- During any type of cleanse, remember that your goal is to support your detoxification processes while helping your body maintain a healthy balance of nutrients.* Your daily diet should provide support for your organs of elimination as well as overall nourishment for your body, which is why choosing the right foods while cleansing is also important. Below are some quick tips to help you get started:
- Eat plenty of “living foods” such as raw, organic fruits and veggies (veggies may also be lightly steamed) in addition to fermented foods that contain beneficial probiotic cultures such as yogurt, kefir, miso and/or tempeh.
- Choose lean protein sources such as organic, natural, or free-range chicken, turkey, beef, fish, tofu, and eggs.
- Consume essential fatty acids such as the beneficial Omega-3 fats found in oily fish and certain nuts and seeds.
- Opt for well-cooked grains from sources such as millet, buckwheat, khorasan wheat, amaranth, quinoa, spelt, teff, rye, basmati rice, wild rice, and brown rice—all of which provide an excellent source of fiber while cleansing.
- Drink plenty of purified water to help to flush unwanted toxins and waste from the body. A good rule of thumb is to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of purified water every day.
- Try to limit your consumption of sugar (both table sugar and hidden refined sugars) and starchy carbohydrates, which may feed unhealthy microbes in the gut.
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- Don’t be afraid to share your testimony - February 13, 2017
- How to be a person that brings light into the lives of others - January 29, 2017
- Sadness and loss through divorce - January 26, 2017