Happy Tuesday, all! I am back, although severely jet lagged from our 30+ hours journey home from Cambodia. The trip was absolutely amazing and I look forward to sharing details in an upcoming blog post later this week!
Today’s blog post is dedicated to my globalX family who fell in love with this yummy, yet healthy recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. I hope you will enjoy this tasty treat too!
- ½ cup 100% cacao cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup milled flaxseed
- 3 tbs of chia seeds
- 3 teaspoons orange-flavored Natural Calm
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 14 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut nectar, agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add-ins: ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender. Process on high for 2 minutes, until mixture is completely smooth.
- If using a food processor, add dry ingredients to wet and process for another 1 minute, until fully combined. If you’re using a blender, pour the wet ingredients into a large clean bowl, followed by the dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- If using a food processor, remove the blade and stir in chocolate chips. If in a bowl from the blended mix, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons at a time onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie. (To ensure consistent cookie size, use a greased ice cream scoop!)
- Bake for 14–16 minutes, until tops are cracked and begin to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes. Cookies are soft, similar to the texture of a brownie. Best when stored in the refrigerator which also increases firmness of the cookie.
If honey is used, recipe is no longer vegan. Do not use unflavored Natural Calm for this recipe. Testing shows that orange flavored Natural Calm works best. To store cookies, transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate for five days.
**Original recipe courtesy of Leanne Vogel and naturalvitality.com however the version below has been slightly modified to suit my dietary preferences.
Hope you enjoy!
Sending peace, love & happiness to all!
Latest posts by Kelly Kirby (see all)
- Thrilled to be on the Fallen Sparrow mission team this fall! - February 23, 2017
- Don’t be afraid to share your testimony - February 13, 2017
- How to be a person that brings light into the lives of others - January 29, 2017